Most Ridiculous Laws in Gambling, Laws are considered to bring certain computability and balance into the lives of the concerned citizens. However, there are times that laws as well as regulations on certain fields are becoming ridiculous wherein people would rather laugh at them instead keeping into the inexplicable lines. Even the lawmakers are considered to be aware regarding this fact. In most cases, tradition is a reason behind these decisions.
In most states at US, online gambling is indeed forbidden making it a no wonder that numbers of funny legal regulations with regards to gambling would come from this continent though not connected with gambling. To provide you with some of those most common ridiculous laws on gambling, consider the following:
Most Ridiculous Laws in Gambling
- Internet gambling is being prohibited since 2006 in Washington State but thousands of residents still confessed that they are gambling on the internet wherein nobody has been charged under the said law.
- Oklahoma also has a rule that women should not gamble in lingerie, nude or while wearing towel but there is a strip gambling bar instead.
- It is against the law in Canada to use dice once playing craps. But resourceful gamblers invented the use of cards while playing craps.
- Betting on the University of Nevada sports team was forbidden in Las Vegas. The ban was being lifted in 2001 however it still remains to be weird.
- No pool tables are being allowed in public establishment in Illinois since it supports betting. But still the law isn’t applicable once the table is covered.
- There is a need for the train conductors to break up gambling games aboard in Oklahoma. But these guys are legally bound of doing so otherwise they are to breach the employment contract. You must beware if you planned of becoming conductor in Oklahoma.
- Losing $4 in Kentucky could be considered having no consequences. But losing $5 or more would enable you to sue the person you have gambled with within the upcoming 5 years and you will be entitled to loss recovery. Once the loser doesn’t initiate any legal proceedings within 6 months anyone might have the right of filing lawsuit against the winner and could recover thrice the amount of the original wager.
- Law makers at Japan are not better also. The criminal code would prohibit any kind of gambling. But there are certain exceptions that are made in order for you to play lottery and then bet on horses or at motor sport events. Still, those activities might be considered as kinds of gambling.
- It is considered to be illegal once you bet for horse racing online while it is possible to bet at the track on horses running all over the world.
- In the state of Texas, you could not have and couldn’t operate poker room. But you could play bingo, scratch off tickets and buy so many lotteries as you want as listed into the legal activities. Satanic poker is also expelled.
Those are among the most common ridiculous laws for online gambling all over the world. Why considered as ridiculous? Well, simply because laws like these are somewhat ironic. Such laws are implemented however there are still numbers of gambling activities that are exempted. And so what’s the use of such laws? There are such laws for gambling but though many are still doing the said practice there will be no one being charged as well. Again, what is the use of those laws? Indeed, those laws are definitely ridiculous in their own ways. It is like having something to obey and to disobey as well at the same time.